Monday 10 April 2017

Driving Along in My Automobile...

My Mum asked me to make an 80th birthday card for a man that likes cars...so, inspired by the one layer card with a 'Curve' challenge over at Less is More this week, this is what I came up with.  I cut a curve in the front of my card blank using one of my Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside Border' dies, then stamped a racing doggy from the 'Hello Friend' set by Penny Black, and a sentiment from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then added some die cut numbers (cut using my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet dies) to the inside of the card.


Challenges for this card:


8 comments:

  1. What a super card, Helen. Love the curved element and how the age is on the inside. Super fun image and font too, great for someone who is young at heart :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love it!
    I think I have to case it somewhen in the future...
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! What a stunning curved edge and I LOVE the image of the dog racing along in the sports car with its ears flying out behind! Too fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling image and a great design for a man, Helen! Love your coloring, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for the challenge...Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific card. I love the image and the cut away edge. Lovely colouring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card - love how you've cut the curve from the front of the card...fab image too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x